Reassurance



I think everyone likes reassurance. I do, I look to others to reassure basically everything I do because I can be paralyzed with fear that I'm doing the wrong thing.

And, while that can be a crutch, especially when I run to the reassurance of people, there is reassurance I have that comes from God, assurance I need.

Sometimes it's nice to just read His truths, rely on Him, and to stop worrying, because He's got it all, and I don't need to have it all together.

So here are some of the verses and passages I turn to when I need reassurance.

Romans 8 - this whole chapter is wonderful, it's my sister's favorite chapter of the Bible, and I've been studying it for a long time. The first verse, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" combats so many of my fears and insecurities.

Galatians 1:3-5 - these verses are the Gospel summed up, and it's beautiful to read.

Galatians 1:6-7 - these verses remind me that any Gospel other than the one in the Bible is false, and I don't need to listen to the voices that tell me grace isn't real.

Ephesians 2:1-10 - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." This passage tells us of our condition, and then of our hope, not in ourselves, but in Jesus, and His work on the cross. It's Jesus plus nothing, we can't add to our salvation.

Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Remember, He will complete His work, you only need follow Him and love Him, He will do the rest, He will change you as He sees fit, according to His plan.

1 John 3:20 "If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything." Ah, the relief of knowing He is greater than my heart, than my feelings, than my guilt. I don't need to listen to them, I can be thankful for His truth.

James 1:2-4 - Here we're reminded to persevere, to push on when it's hard, and to rejoice in the knowledge that through trials we are being perfected in God.

Psalm 23 - I love the first verse, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing." He is my provider, I don't need anything else.

Psalm 25 - Another great one, to put our trust in the Lord.

We are perfectly loved by God. It's hard to really know that, I can say it all day long and yet not believe it, I'm always so afraid that I don't really believe these verses, and I have so much trouble with all of it sometimes.

But take heart, God's with us, always, until the end of the age - Matthew 28:20

~Rebecca P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My City, a Poem

Love is About Others (God is Love part three)

Accepting Defeat (Victory)